Apply to Join the Detroit Audubon Board of Directors
Detroit Audubon serves its 8000+ constituents through the efforts of its staff, board of directors and volunteers. Since the hire of the new Executive Director, the board of directors have been transitioning from a working board to a governing board.
Detroit Audubon Mission:
Detroit Audubon fosters the appreciation and conservation of birds and the environment we share.
Education, Research & Action
Detroit Audubon Board Member Expectations
- Ensure that Detroit Audubon does the best work possible in pursuit of its goals.
- Believe in the purpose and mission of Detroit Audubon and act responsibly and prudently as its steward.
- Assure the Detroit Audubon mission is carried out for the organizations’ long-term viability.
- Come to know Detroit Audubon’s mission and purpose, its goals and objectives, its programs and services and act as a spokesperson.
- Attend at least two thirds of Board meetings, committee meetings and other related meetings/events.
- Participate in fundraising activities by recruiting donors, signing campaign letters and other such activities that support the fund development plan.
- Act in the best interests of Detroit Audubon.
Check out the link here if you are interested in reading more about the expectations of the Detroit Audubon Board of Directors.
If you are interested in learning more about joining Detroit Audubon as a Board Member or Committee Member, please contact us at email@example.com or 313-588-1015 or reach out directly to Rochelle Breitenbach, Board President at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If after careful consideration and research into joining the Detroit Audubon Board of Directors, you are still interested, please fill out the application here.
We will reach out at our earliest convenience upon review of your application. We thank you for your patience and interest in becoming more involved with Detroit Audubon.