Become a Detroit Audubon Member!
Detroit Audubon is the chapter of the National Audubon Society that serves nearly 5,000 members in southeast Michigan. Contributions of $30 or more to Detroit Audubon qualify for an annual Chapter Membership for your entire household.
As a Detroit Audubon Chapter Member you are…
- Working to reverse the Black Tern decline – over 600 Black Terns banded since 2013
- Saving migratory birds from fatal building collisions – 40 Detroit area buildings are being surveyed
- Protecting birds and their habitat – over 90 citizen science volunteers collect data for multiple monitoring projects
- Providing opportunities to enjoy and learn about birds – 2,506 adults and 1,263 youth reached in 2017
- Restoring habitat for native birds in the city of Detroit
- Championing for environmental issues locally and regionally – in 2017 Detroit became the 29th Urban Bird Treaty city
As a Detroit Audubon Chapter Member you enjoy…
- Four issues of our beautiful magazine, the Flyway
- 10% bookstore discount
- Discount on program fees
- Invitations to special events
- Opportunities to make a difference
- Voting on matters put to vote of membership (i.e. Board elections, 1 vote per household)
- Access to Detroit Audubon’s in-office library
To become a Detroit Audubon Chapter Member, select an amount below. Your donation and membership is tax deductible to the extent of the law, as Detroit Audubon is a 501(c)3 organization, EIN #38-6004962. Detroit Audubon is a registered charity with the State of Michigan, AG File #1868.
You can also join by filling out and mailing this form here. We encourage you to sign up online, if possible, or mail a check payable to Detroit Audubon to our office at 4605 Cass Ave., Detroit, MI 48201.
***Please note, membership processing may take up to a month and membership benefits will begin at that time. Please reach out with any questions.